It is officially mid-December and the holiday season is in full effect! Although it’s the most wonderful time of the year, it’s easy to find yourself overwhelmed with the hustle and bustle of the season. Whether it’s last-minute shopping for the ones we love, trying to get our homes prepared for out of town guests or finishing up end of year tasks at work, the ha-happiest season around, can get to even the merriest of us.
Taking time out for yourself and remembering to create a healthy mental space are key tools in staying sane amongst the holly-jolly of the season, and now, thanks to the international yoga sensation Trap Yoga Bae, your morning affirmations just got a bit more ratchet.
Certified in Vinyasa style Yoga in Rishikesh, India, Yoga Bae has added to her trap yoga teachings by creating expertly crafted weekly “ratchet affirmations.” We have assembled a few of our favorites to help you keep your cool during the holiday season.
1. “Self-care isn’t selfish. It’s a necessity.”
2. “All my drive is intrinsic. I’m not looking at anyone but my damn self.”
3. “Don’t you dare apologize for any parts of your life.”
4. “I’m a priority in my beautiful ass life.”
5. “You can either be the best version of yourself or some knock off, second rate version of the next bih.”
6. “You don’t lose them … They lose you.”
The next time you’re feeling the pressure of the holidays, channel your inner zen by reciting one of Trap Yoga Bae’s ratchet affirmations.